Monday, June 26, 2006

hmmmm - Pensacola I have arrived


Well, I have been here a tad less than a month, but it has taken a while to get rested from my move. I actually started unpacking things today in a more serious fashion. Hello Pensacola!! And GOODBYE Corpus Christi. I won't miss it there!! The only thing I will miss about Corpus Christi is the fishing is great. Eventually there will be no open places to fish as I once knew them... Corporate America would much prefer these water lines were available only to the very rich and for corporations such as Landry's. I perceive Corpus as becoming a yuppie filled small city that is trying to imitate Austin!!

When I arrived in Corpus I knew that I was going to have difficulty finding people that were challenging to me, but at that time there was a whole lot of Ocean for a minimum investment. College was a good experience there, and I will always be glad I went. Even then, other than the professors I had difficulty finding people to engage with that had the ability of doing much in the way of critical thinking.

I have been able to go fishing once here in Pensacola and it is absolutely beautiful on the waterline. I did not catch anything, so I am going to have to start paying attention to the way these fisherman set up down here for this type of fish. I also guess I need to find out if/where the shrimp boats are so I can use fresh or live shrimp. In Corpus if live shrimp was available the bait shops had a white flag up. Anyone out there know if there are shrimp boats open to the public here? How about fishing on a barge? .. Any available. Last but not least.. Who wants to go fishing Ö¿Ö

Well I think I am going to go to bed early tonight. I got a lot done, but I think I have plain tuckered myself out.

1 comments:

Gardenia said...

What a stunning picture of the water! I never did find the secret to fishing there - but I never tried real hard either - always wanted to go out on a boat but never did that either. Good luck.

About Me

**Ya Think**
Lodi, California, United States
I was raised in Wyoming where the Small Town Environment never left my soul. I have returned to California after living several years in the South. I look forward to life here and am grateful for the opportunity to return home in such a magnificent way!! Thank you my dear friends who all made this possible
View my complete profile