Monday, January 14, 2008

Let It Go by T.D. Jakes


Photobucket


What you see below was on my Pastors Blog: Hope you appreciate it as much as I do.
I see a lot in this that can apply to my life.

January 7, 2008
Let It Go!
This was sent to me and I have no idea if TD Jakes said it or not, but it is awesome and such good advise. Maybe it will help some of you understand more where I'm coming from on some issues. Enjoy!



By T. D. Jakes

There are people who can walk away from you.
And hear me when I tell you this! When people can walk
Away from you: let them walk.
I don't want you to try to talk another person into staying with you,
Loving you, calling you, caring about you, coming to see you,
Staying attached to you.
I mean hang up the phone.
When people can walk away from you let them walk.
Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left.
The Bible said that, they came out from us that it might
Be made manifest that they were not for us.
For had they been of us, no doubt they
Would have continued with us. [1 John 2:19]
People leave you because they are not joined to you.
And if they are not joined to you, you can't make them stay.
Let them go.
And it doesn't mean that they are a bad person it just means
That their part in the story is over. And you've got
To know when people's part in your story is over so that you
Don't keep trying to raise the dead.
You've got to know when it's dead.
You've got to know when it's over. Let me tell you something.
I've got the gift of good-bye. It's the tenth spiritual gift,
I believe in good-bye. It's not that I'm hateful,
it's that I'm faithful, and I know whatever God
Means for me to have He'll give it to me.
And if it takes too much sweat I don't need it.
Stop begging people to stay.
Let them go!!
If you are holding on to something that doesn't belong to you
And was never intended for your life, then you need to......
LET IT GO!!!
If you are holding on to past hurts and pains ......
LET IT GO!!!
If someone can't treat you right, love you back,
And see your worth.....
LET IT GO!!!
If someone has angered you,
LET IT GO!!!
If you are holding on to some thoughts of evil and revenge......
LET IT GO!!!
If you are involved in a wrong relationship or addiction......
LET IT GO!!!
If you are holding on to a job that no longer meets
Your needs or talents
LET IT GO!!!
If you have a bad attitude.......
LET IT GO!!!
If you keep judging others to make yourself feel better......
LET IT GO!!!
If you're stuck in the past and God is trying to take
You to a new level in Him........
LET IT GO!!!
If you are struggling with the healing of a broken relationship.......
LET IT GO!!!
If you keep trying to help someone who won't even
Try to help themselves......
LET IT GO!!!
If you're feeling depressed and stressed .........
LET IT GO!!!
If there is a particular situation that you are so used to
Handling yourself and God is saying
"take your hands off of it," then you need to......
LET IT GO!!!
Let the past be the past. Forget the former things.
GOD is doing a new thing for this New Year!
LET IT GO!!!
Get Right or Get Left .. Think about it, and then,
LET IT GO!!!
"The Battle is the Lord's!"

11 comments:

Gardenia said...

Wonderful.

**Ya Think** said...

I am glad you liked it Gardenia. There were many areas in this I felt would be good to remember in my life...

The church is doing a healing series along this theme right now. Wednesday evening is the workshops and Sunday is the sermons for it.

Wanna go? :-)

Anonymous said...

I do not know what lead me to this page. But I can honestly say that, the words relate to my life. I have always had a difficult time figuring out people and why they do the things they do, and just walk out of your life, as if you meant nothing. But rather than just sticking around to hurt yourself more and more, the best advise is to just LET IT GO!

**Ya Think** said...

Thanks for your post.. I still have to refer to Let It Go as I am a work in progress and not perfection.

Hurts we instill on others we must let go of too, and own, or we never grow.

Once I let go of the folks that hurt me in my life, God opened the door for so much positive in my life that it is almost overwhelming. Keep your chin up and know this can happen for you too.

GRACE said...

I am always uplifted beyond words every time I read this poerful text by our brother in Christ, Bishop T.D. Jakes. Thank you so much for posting it here for us so we can access it on such a beautiful page.

At the moment, I am going through very hard times in a broken relationship. I have reached a level when I wanna give up...I mean give up this life. Well, I have had my heart broken in a number of occassions by people that I had held so closely to myself. I have reached a moment when I am trying to figure out why I have had to go through toooo much as I have. I feel sooo lonely and suffer a lot of rejection.
I guess what I need to do is to LET GO and LET GOD. I keep hoping for to meet this one person, GOD given, that together we shall share true, mutual and lasting godly companionship.
May GOD help us to do His will, especially for us, the Body of CHRIST. GBU ALL.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!!! Thank you

Caroline Mbiruru said...

This is a perfect piece...How come iiam seeing it today for the first time...

**Ya Think** said...

Hi Caroline,

I am glad you like this... It has meant a lot to me over recent times. This is perhaps one of the best T.D. Jakes has ever done...

God Bless and you take care
Lorretta

Unknown said...

this piece is a lifesaver..........i have been goin thru somethings for the past 29 years of my life and this piece is a lifesaver.

Chanelle Ngobeni said...

I have been batteling with rejection from a very young age. My farther walked out on us and 2 years ago my husband walked out on me while I was 5 months pragnant with my babygirl. I really needed to read these words as I was still hurt by what has happened to me. Thank You i feel blessed

Anonymous said...

I like it very much!

About Me

**Ya Think**
Lodi, California, United States
I was raised in Wyoming where the Small Town Environment never left my soul. I have returned to California after living several years in the South. I look forward to life here and am grateful for the opportunity to return home in such a magnificent way!! Thank you my dear friends who all made this possible
View my complete profile