Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Well that is it for AOL!!

I have spent the last 10 hours working on my computer. I discovered uninstalling aol, EACH TIME I UNINSTALLED IT, did NOT uninstall it. And then... I had called AOL indicating I was ready to quit and they must have downloaded something on me as the last install I did on it would NOT let me uninstall everything. So I had to go into the properties and uncheck the read only properties on every single file.

Just to get a virus program on here I spent hours getting their lousy files off this machine. Thanks to SystemsWorks I was finally able to accomplish this... Even then it was a chore... Soooooo ... then I go check to see what has expressed access to my computer in my firewall. Over 100 aol checkboxes were checked and I know I did not check them.

AOL really need to have someone stomp on their toes good!! My computer was rendered almost useless... Even with my amount of computer background it was a gruelling task!! I was almost to the point it was going to be worth it to make my primary drive a secondary drive to save all the programs and install a new primary drive.

Yahoo, ICQ, and SBC Global were not much better and I had to remove a lot of files from them as well, but once I got all the AOL files removed the difference was significant.

Well I think I have ranted long enough about this!! At any rate Wipe it on SystemsWorks is worth its weight in Gold!! Thanks so much to the person who put me onto it.

0 comments:

About Me

**Ya Think**
Lodi, California, United States
I was raised in Wyoming where the Small Town Environment never left my soul. I have returned to California after living several years in the South. I look forward to life here and am grateful for the opportunity to return home in such a magnificent way!! Thank you my dear friends who all made this possible
View my complete profile