Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving is Upon Us!!


Well here we are with Thanksgiving upon us. I have been sitting here thinking about what all I have to be thankful for and actually came up with a few things. So here are some of them. Although my lungs did not come out really good, there was an improvement in the expansion. My LDL on my cholesterol is still 198, but can be worked on. The margins for cancer have come out clear in all areas, so that is a plus.

I sold my old Van for more than I thought I would get, considering I did not even advertise it for sale. So that was nice. I sold some other things here at the house, and the people who bought them called me today and told me they found $100.00 in one of my books and are mailing me a money order for it, so that is a plus and refreshing to know there are actually honest people left in this world. It came at a very good time. I remember putting it in that book 3 years ago and then dismissed it from my mind.

I have a newer van that runs great that cost me $175.00 in reality. It is VERY NICE. And, my neighbor came over and fixed my Geo Tracker, which would most likely have sat another six months. All I had to pay for was parts.

Then there is my neighbors!! They are wonderful. They have shown me so much love and kindness since I have been here. They are just down to earth folks.

Last but not least I got a new pal in my house. Her name is Annie. She is about 6 or 7 pounds and is a miniature rat terrier. She is so full of personality and has brought so much life into my home. She is a keeper.

Sunday I was able to go to church, which I have not been able to do between work and my car being down. I truly needed to go and was thankful I was able to go.

While I am not rich, and I still struggle financially at times, the abundance has been plentiful. In less than a year, I have met so many people... Some I like more than others, but I am not alone out here like I anticipated. I read this so wrong... It has been a gift; A gift from God that I truly was not expecting.

Then there is my home... Once again I have so much to be thankful for... I am thankful for all who helped me make it habitable. The cosmetics can come as I am able. When I was coming here, I had one van that was on its last legs and no furniture. Today I have two solid vehicles, a 14 foot Big Tex trailer, a washer and dryer, a fridge, a loveseat that is comfortable and nice looking, a queen sized bed that is comfortable, and air equipment to work on my house with. This is all in a year. Much of it was God looking after me.

All of my needs are met. I may not have much, if any left over most months, but I am well cared for. ALL in less than a year. I cannot believe it sometimes and have to pinch myself.

The friends department is still a matter of sorting and hanging onto the keepers. But there are keepers. I have learned it does not matter if they are straight or? What is important is they are down to earth and real.

I am truly grateful and blessed.

Ya Think?

0 comments:

About Me

**Ya Think**
Lodi, California, United States
I was raised in Wyoming where the Small Town Environment never left my soul. I have returned to California after living several years in the South. I look forward to life here and am grateful for the opportunity to return home in such a magnificent way!! Thank you my dear friends who all made this possible
View my complete profile