Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Upcoming Surgery

I have been dealing with a lot of pain for a very long time. The pain is to the point I am not able to concentrate. It is playing havoc with my life. I went to Dr Richard O'Donnell, an orthepedics oncologist at UCSF, and the good news is it is not another tumor. Because it is not a tumor he could not operate on me, but the MRI's indicated I would benefit by surgery. So I went to Dr James Van Den Bogaerde, MD, an orthepedics surgeon at UC Davis, and he too agrees I will benefit from surgery.

I do know this. If they cannot get this pain to a reasonable level, I will go to Oregon to see a RTD doctor. 20 more years of this is not going to happen. Meanwhile I have a feeling they can do a lot for this now that everyone concurs I need the surgery. So far what I know is my clavicle is deteriorated and I have a torn rotor cuff from the over compensating for the surgeries at the tumor site. So I will not jump the gun yet. I know that physical therapy will be no picnic, but it cannot hurt much more than I hurt already.

I am going to see if I can find the pictures of the tumor site so I can share exactly how big the tumor was.

Anyway, on the 22nd of March, I go in for the consult for surgery and a date will be set. I understand it will be in June. I don't like having to deal with healing and summer heat, but it hurts bad enough I am not going to wait until fall.

Wish me well on this..

0 comments:

About Me

**Ya Think**
Lodi, California, United States
I was raised in Wyoming where the Small Town Environment never left my soul. I have returned to California after living several years in the South. I look forward to life here and am grateful for the opportunity to return home in such a magnificent way!! Thank you my dear friends who all made this possible
View my complete profile